CHILD CARE COORDINATOR
The Child Care Coordinator is a part-time paid position that is responsible for the training, scheduling and supervising of childcare workers and caring of infants through 5 year olds during the Sunday worship services, as well as special events and services as needed throughout the year.
- At least 18 years of age
- Prior childcare experience with children between the ages of 0 & 5 in a professional capacity, with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Warm, pleasing presence and ability to work well with others
- Person who loves God and loves children
- CPR and First Aid Certified (or willing to obtain certification immediately upon hiring)
- Willing and able to complete a criminal background check
- Able to bend and lift up to 25 pounds with ease
- Help train & schedule all volunteer and paid childcare for church services and events as requested.
- Serve as the onsite child care supervisor for all Sunday Church Services
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to each service and stay until last child is retrieved by parents and room is cleaned and in order again.
- Communicate with Director of Children and Family regarding any childcare related issues that arise.
- Create and distribute monthly schedules for childcare workers
- Ensure background checks have been completed and that all workers hold a current first aid CPR training certificate
- Complete and submit childcare worker payroll sheets by end of each month
- Provide hospitality to all children and parents by
- Greeting all parents and children as they are brought into nursery
- Asking about special needs for each child related to their age and circumstances
- Building relationships with families and kids who use the nursery
- Cheerfully interact with all children through age appropriate play, stories & games
- Lead children in activities/bible lessons as provided
- Provide for the safety and care of all children in the nursery
- Ensure that all the children are signed in and out by their parents or guardians
- Collect information cards for each child/family that uses the nursery
- Change diapers as needed
- Help children use the restroom and wash their hands
- Play and interact with children
- Appoint a parent to wear a pager for on-call emergencies
- Maintain a clean, safe, nurturing environment in the nursery.
- Order snacks and supplies as needed
- Make sure all toys are cleaned and sanitized properly
- Monitor toys and discard unsafe or broken ones
If you think we’re a right fit for you, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. This position closes on April 25.