Careers at First Presbyterian
Choral Director/Coordinator of Traditional Worship
Lead the congregation in worship through music primarily at the traditional church services on Sunday mornings. As a professional church musician, recruit and supervise a wide array of musicians, singers, and volunteers to support the traditional worship at First Presbyterian Bend. This role must be a visionary who is creative in inviting people to God through music. The successful individual will be able to communicate and provide choral direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join the pursuit of that vision. This position is one that requires the individual to serve not solely as a choral director but also as a spiritual choral worship leader.
Reports to and is accountable to the pastoral team.
- Assist in planning and leading worship for traditionalservice including Sunday mornings, weekly rehearsals and weekly and seasonal planning meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Music and Worship Director, Sound Technician and pastors to provide transformative, collaborative worship and smooth transitions between services.
- Seek continuing music and worship educational and developmental opportunities.
- Serve as Choir Director, providing leadership and nurture doing so with prayer, conceptual forethought, supporting the message theme, mood and seasonal needs.
- Enlist choral and intrumental members.
- Train and mentor music leaders in order to increase availability and flexibility of worship leadership.
- Maintain and develop relationships with professional, contracted musicians.
- Supervise, expand and maintain electronic and hard copy music libraries.
- Meet worship preparation deadlines.
- Collaborate with church musicians on the maintenance of church musical instruments.
- Provide oversight and accountability for the expenditure of the worship budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to mediate conversations with volunteers and
- contracted musicians.
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational and time management skills.
- Love of music with willingness to personally and professionally learn and grow.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and effect change management.
- Ability to use office tools with ease and comfort, including computer applications, email, scheduling software, church database software and operate the phone system.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Easy Worship Program.
- Basic knowledge of sound equipment use.
- Strong vocal skills and proficient in piano.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in music related field.
- Minimum 3 years in choral conducting and music leadership. Preferred minimum one year experience with sacred music.
10 hours/week. Dependent on education and experience.
For more information or to apply, email resume to [email protected]