INNOVATE. CREATE. TRANSFORM.
Do you want to make an impact? Do you want to partner with others making a difference right here in Bend and across the world in places like Burundi and Guatemala? Do you want to join a fun, dynamic , creative team that laughs a lot?
First Presbyterian Church of Bend is a vibrant, growing, inclusive church practicing Spacious Christianity (check out our website www.bendfp.org).
We seek a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to help us continue to create and tell great stories of hope, healing and purpose.
If this work inspires you, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The communications and marketing coordinator at First Presbyterian Church is responsible to develop, plan, direct and coordinate and evaluate internal and external marketing and communications to support and enhance the mission and vision of First Presbyterian Church of Bend. The communications coordinator will be accountable to and reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on vision and mission, 5 year objectives, demographics, and regional culture.
- Formulate, direct, and coordinate marketing and communications activities or policies to promote internal and external services/outreach.
- Collaborate with Lead pastor, program directors and volunteers to develop and prioritize diverse communications and marketing needs.
- Identify main audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Maintain and develop First Presbyterian’s image and identity/branding in all deliverables.
- Design, produce and edit weekly publications, videos, weekly service presentations, weekly service brochures, and other material as needed.
- Maintain and develop First Presbyterian website with an eye for innovation and creativity, ensuring content is consistent with branding strategy.
- Develop and produce materials for fundraising.
- Assist leadership team to evaluate the financial aspects of marketing and communications strategy and deployment.
- Manage marketing and communications budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Team and collaboration-focused
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to manage schedule to accomplish numerous tasks in a timely manner
- Organized and efficient with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and effect change management.
- Willingness to personally and professionally learn and grow.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications. Minimum of three year’s experience. Preference for experience in non-profit or faith-based organizations.
Compensation: 30 hours/week. Wage starting at $22.50/hr plus employee medical and dental benefits, paid vacation. Dependent on education and experience.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].