- Posted: Jan 1, 2023Jan 1st: The Work of Christmas Begins, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski. This is how Eugene Peterson, in what's Called a message, describes the mystery of the birth of Jesus…Details
- Posted: Dec 25, 2022Dec 24th: Christmas Eve, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski. Here is the story of the birth of Jesus as recorded in Luke's Gospel. In those days, Caesar Augustus issued a…Details
- Posted: Dec 18, 2022Dec 18th: We See God In Each Other, with Tyler McQuilkin. It's always interesting to see the variety of characters and scripture that God uses for God's holy purposes in…Details
- Posted: Dec 11, 2022Dec 11th: Strengthening The Light In One Another, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski. I was writing a sermon in a coffee shop, eavesdropping on a conversation happening at the table…Details
- Posted: Dec 4, 2022Dec 4th: Yearning for Peace, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski. One of my favorite moments of the entire year is Christmas Eve when we light the Christ candle celebrating the…Details
- Posted: Nov 27, 2022Nov 27th: There’s Room for Every Story, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski. The gospel of Matthew begins. This is the genealogy of Jesus, the Messiah. It begins with Abraham. Abraham…Details
- Posted: Dec 24, 2021Dec 24th: Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski. This is the story of the birth of Jesus, as told in the Book of Luke. In those days,…Details
- Posted: Dec 19, 2021Dec 19th: Love Endures, with Rev. Dr. Steven Koski An angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, Mary will conceive and give birth to a son, and his…Details
A Spacious Christmas, and the Advent Season
All Ministries > A Spacious Christmas, and the Advent Season
About A Spacious Christmas, and the Advent Season
Be reminded of and celebrate the light of this Christmas Season by joining us on Christmas Eve.
A Christmas Prayer
We celebrate the birthday of Jesus on Christmas. Jesus gives us his own Christmas gift wish list, and none of it comes from a store. Jesus says that whatever we do for the least of our brothers and sisters, we do for him.
Jesus said when we offer certain gifts to those in need, it is like offering those gifts to him. Food for the hungry, care for the sick, drink for those who are thirsty, hospitality for strangers, compassion for those imprisoned in body or mind.
First Presbyterian Church of Bend exists to serve Jesus, by serving those in need. Bringing love and compassion hope and healing where and when it is needed the most. Your generosity, makes it possible for us to be generous in love.
We honor the Christ child with our gifts, doing all that we can to love and serve the least of our brothers and sisters.
Watch again, 2020 Excerpts of Christmas Eve at First Presbyterian Church of Bend: