Watch and Chat Online
At First Presbyterian, you will meet people at many different places theologically and spiritually. And we love it that way. We want to be a place where our diversity brings us together and where conversation takes us all deeper in our understanding of God.
We call this kind of faith “Spacious Christianity.” We don’t ask anyone to sign creeds or statements of belief. The life of faith is about a way of being in the world and a faith that shows itself in love.
Find answers to some of our most commonly asked questions and links to additional information on associated topics. If you don’t see your question listed below, use the connection form in the left tab so we can get you the information you need.
- Check your network connection to be sure you are connected to the internet.
- Multiple users on your home network watching video at the same time may interfere with the quality of video streaming.
- Test your bandwidth speed – www.speedtest.net. For the best viewing experience, select a server near your location with a broadband connection of at least 500 Kbps (down speed).
- If you’re watching on a computer, select a lower bitrate from the Video Quality drop-down menu located below the bottom-right corner of the video screen.
- Update your browser. (Learn more here.)
- Be sure you are watching the service after the scheduled start time.
- Verify that your security settings allow the playing of embedded videos.
- Refresh the web page. Once it has completely loaded, click the “Play” button to begin playing the service.
- Clear your internet browser’s cache (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari).
- Check to ensure that your system’s firewall has enabled port 1935 for tcp traffic.
- Update your browser. (Learn more here)
- Adjust the volume on your computer and speakers.
- Adjust the volume control located in the lower right corner of the video player.
- Restart your internet browser by closing and reopening it.
- Allow third-party video content on your computer (learn more by visiting your browser’s help page).
- Check any antivirus and firewall software to see if it’s blocking third-party video content.
- In your phone’s settings, verify that your wi-fi is turned on and you are connected to the Internet.
- Check that your phone is receiving a strong service signal (more than one bar).
- Close other apps that may be connecting to the internet and using up your bandwidth.
- Can you view any other videos on your phone? If you are unable to play any other video on your phone, there may be a technical issue relating to your phone’s video capabilities.
The chat window should appear to the right of the live player. The ••• menu here contains options to minimize and pop it out into its own window.
Chat will be available on our event page. This means you may start chatting even if the service hasn’t gone live yet.
You may choose to log in with a social account or chat as a guest and post messages up to 280 characters long.
Chat participants can also delete their own messages if they wish (but nobody else’s). The chat will remain active until the service is over.
If you are watching the service on a phone or a large screen, you may press the four arrows button in the lower right of the video to enlarge the video to the full screen.
Share This Service
Getting ready?Now is the perfect time to spread the word with your friends and family. Share a link, pin, tweet, or email. Sharing is one way we can show our love and Christ’s love of our world.
Thank you for your critical support of the mission of the First Presbyterian Church of Bend community.
Mailing a check?
Mail check to:
230 NE Ninth Street
Bend, OR 97701
Looking for a previous service? You’ll find these in our Video Archives.Visit The Video Archives