Fall Adult Education Classes-2023
Bend Presbyterian Church
Adult Education Classes For Fall
Our Center for Well-Being and Wisdom is now offering new classes. The Contemplative Life in the Age of Anxiety, taught by Lorraine Stuart, and How the Bible Speaks to Our World in Crisis, taught by Tyler McQuilken and Duncan Ferguson, will begin on Sunday, September 17th at 9 am. The classes will continue every Sunday until October 22nd. The venue for the classes is the Prayer Room and Adult Center.
Register by following the link below:
- Instructor: Lorraine Stuart
- Meeting Room: Prayer Room
- Dates and Time: 9:00 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Sunday Mornings, September 17-October 22,
- Reading: Richard Rohr, Just This; Biblical passages; Suggested articles
- Weekly Schedule
- Instructors: Tyler McQuilkin and Duncan Ferguson
- Meeting Room: Adult Center
- Dates and Time: 9:00 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Sunday mornings, Sept. 17- October 22, 2023
- Reading: Scripture, Duncan Ferguson, Making the Bible Your Book; suggested Duncan
- Ferguson, Biblical Hermeneutics (how to interpret the Bible), the Bible
- Weekly Schedule
About The Center for Wellbeing & Wisdom at Bend First Presbyterian
We believe mind, body, soul and community are intricately connected with one another. Our Christian faith inspires this ministry of wellness, but we do not impose our faith on anyone nor assume faith for anyone. We practice Spacious Christianity, and our culture provides a welcoming environment for everyone, without discrimination for any reason such as race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, (dis)ability, or marital status.
All are welcome.
Currently we offer regular classes including, Dance for Parkinsons, Exercise with Parkinsons, Feldenkreis, Qiong, and Yoga. We also offer NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) classes and various workshops throughout the year. For more information on how to register for any of these classes, contact Office Coordinator Sherry Smith by phone (541)382-4401 or by email [email protected] .
To see which classes are currently being held at First Pres visit our News & Events page by clicking here: https://bendfp.org/calendar-2/coming-up/