First Presbyterian Kids
First Presbyterian Bend is strongly committed to creating relational opportunities for children to encounter Jesus Christ. Our ministries are centered in the vision that all children will know that they matter to God and that God matters to them. We hope that you will invest and be involved in this significant ministry with children, who are the present and future of our Christian faith.
More about First Presbyterian Kids:
- Children are always welcome to stay in the worship service with their families.
- The nursery is open during worship. It is down the hall, past the stairs on the right. (Pagers available.) Nursery care is provided Sunday, mornings and for Tap Sunday evenings. We welcome children from birth through 5 years of age. Sunday mornings we offer Play-N-Worship in the nursery with fun play-along bible stories for toddlers and twos.
- There is a children’s chapel at the back of the sanctuary that is available for parents and their children who need a more private space to experience worship.
- Children (3 years through 6th grade) wishing to attend Sunday School will begin in worship with their families then will be invited to leave with the leaders to go downstairs for classes.
- Parents pick up their children downstairs at the end of the worship service.
- The first Sunday of the month we celebrate communion. Children join us for this service each month.
What is Godly Play?
Children have an innate sense of the presence of God. The Godly Play approach helps them to explore their faith through story, to gain religious language and to enhance their spiritual experience through wonder and play. Based on Montessori principles and developed using a spiral curriculum, the Godly Play method serves children through early, middle and late childhood and beyond. Come join us!